This document contains information of how Saivaara Cottages collect, handle and store the customer's personal data.
When a customer contacts Saivaara Cottages in order to book a service, the customer's personal information is required.
Saivaara Cottages comply with the General Data Processing Regulation and are aware of the customer's right of access to the collected personal information and the right to have it inspected, amended or erased.
How customer data is collected.
- Directly from the customer during the booking process
- From the person who makes the booking on behalf of the customer, e.g. a family member or a traveling partner
- From a travel agency, a tour operator, another person, a company or an association who makes the booking on behalf of the customer
- From a hotel reservation company such as Booking.com
Customer data is collected for the following purposes
- Processing the customer's reservation for accommodations, meals and other services
- Communications with the customer in regard to the booking, invoicing and payments
- Marketing, sales and delivery of the services at Saivaara Cottages
What kind of customer data is collected
- Customer's personal information such as first and family name, date of birth, nationality, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number
- Customer's method of payment
- Customer's preferences and special needs regarding the services e.g. type of accommodations
- Customer feedback and reclamations
- Customer consent to direct marketing
The methods of collecting customer data are
- During a personal meeting
- Web booking form
- Postal letter
- E-mail or Facebook-message
- Telephone call
Who receives and handles the data shared with Saivaara Cottages
- The owners and the employees at Saivaara Cottages have access to the customer data
- Customer data can be forwarded to Finnish authorities if they have a legal basis for requesting such information
- Customer data can be forwarded to partner companies for the delivery of services the customer has requested
- Customer data can be forwarded to companies which process payment transactions
Saivaara Cottages do not rent or sell customer information to third parties.
The companies who provide the social media platforms used by Saivaara Cottages have their own privacy policies which the customer is encouraged to read.
Customer information is kept in the database no more than three years from the date the service is rendered. Additionally customer information may appear in bookkeeping records for as long as legally required.
Attn. Mr. Ilkka Leinonen
Harjuntie 21, FI-99490 Kilpisjärvi, Finland